Progressive angina and its treatment
Classification of progressive angina
Progressive angina may occur in different clinical forms. It depends on which characteristics predominate: the changing nature of the disease or frequent attacks. There are the following options:
- The attacks are becoming more common, but their nature has not changed.
- The attacks are becoming more intense and lasting, but their number in the time interval does not change.
- Attacks of exertional angina is combined with attacks of angina at rest.
- The number of attacks increases, they become more intense and long lasting.
Acuity progressive angina is divided into three classes:
- Progressive angina, recent.
- Subacute angina and rest.
- Acute angina at rest.
With the development of progressive angina should immediately consult a doctor for the appointment of another treatment and changes in dose of medications. The task of physicians is to prevent a heart attack and sudden death. If not corrected, the treatment may develop life-threatening conditions. It is pulmonary edema, cardiac asthma, ischemic stroke, thrombosis of different localizations. Treatment of progressive angina held in the hospital under constant supervision of doctors.
Unstable progressive angina requires complex treatment, which consists of the following activities.
The lifestyle change
The first step is cessation of Smoking and use of alcohol. Be assigned any physical and emotional strains their abilities. It is necessary to exclude those in which there is an attack. The beneficial impact of Hiking in the fresh air, moderate physical labor.
Drugs prescribed by a doctor-a cardiologist, it takes into account the characteristics of the disease and the patient's condition. Treatment is aimed at facilitating the work of the heart, widening of the lumen of blood vessels and increase their elasticity, which contributes to a better saturation of oxygen to the heart.
Metered load affect the good condition of the cardiovascular system. Exercises help to get rid of shortness of breath and normalize the heart rhythm. In progressive angina are shown walking, swimming, skiing, and special exercises. Treatment physical therapy must be under the supervision of a physician or trainer exercise therapy with medical education. The doctor individually selects a suitable set of exercises, corrects it if necessary, followingfor the well-being of the patient.
Treat progressive angina non-traditional methods. These include breathing exercises, which reduces the number of attacks.
Surgical treatment is indicated in case if progressing effort angina not amenable to conservative therapy. In this case, conduct coronary artery bypass grafting, which consists in replacement of part of the vessel with cholesterol plaque in the vessel taken from the patient. The other operational method is angioplasty, which expands the narrowed vessel by mechanical means, namely the installation of a special tube.
In progressive angina will need to change your diet. The menu need to include more foods rich in protein, potassium, magnesium, and also refuse greasy food. You need to get rid of excess weight and maintain it normal. This will help reduced-calorie diet and the habit of eating more often but in small portions. We should not forget that the food should be balanced and contain all the necessary nutrients.
It is recommended to avoid or limit the use of the following products:
- pork, lamb, poultry fat, by-products;
- margarine, butter, ghee;
- egg yolk;
- cream, sour cream, fatty yoghurt, whole milk, fatty cheeses;
- chocolate, cakes, ice cream, sweets.
You should include in the diet:
- Fruits, berries, vegetables.
- Herbs: chives, parsley, spinach, dill, celery, lettuce, garlic.
- Seafood: squid, octopus, mussels.
- Marine fish: tuna, mackerel, salmon, herring.
- Egg white.
- Meat chicken and Turkey. You should prefer white meat without the skin.
- Low-fat dairy products (1%): cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, yogurt.
- From vegetable oils – sunflower, corn, olive, canola, soy.
- Bread made from bran and flour.
- Beans, soy, peas.
- Green tea.
Patients with progressive angina pectoris is contraindicated for a long period of stress. To resolve the situation, leading to them almost impossible, we can only change your attitude towards them. Most situations, because of which have to worry about not really are truly significant. You can include in your program for dealing with stress auditory training, as well as to dedicate more time to your hobby or to start a new hobby that will distract you from negative thoughts.