CTG fetus during pregnancy (cardiotocography)
According to different authors, the cause of infant mortality in 56 – 75% of cases is intrauterine hypoxia (oxygen deficiency). To diagnose this condition as early as possible — purpose obstetric service because it can be prevented.
The abbreviation "TPC" is ambiguous in medicine. It is used as an abbreviation for "computed tomography", but obstetricians and gynaecologists, the term is better known as "cardiotocography". This method of simultaneous registration of the cardiac rhythm of the fetus and tonic changes of the uterus.
Device (cardiotocograph) "draws" on the ribbon 2 graphics: on the ground — the changing heart rate of the fetus (heart rate), second — hysterogram (muscle tone of the uterus).
The most common tests with infusion of Atropine and Oxytocin.
For atropinovy test to judge the good permeability of the placenta and a normal fetus because rastormazivate sympathetic nervous system and is required to appear tachycardia. In the case of poor permeability due to the reaction will not follow. Some scholars cite evidence for a low-precision evaluation of the health of the unborn child this test (69,2%).
Oxytocin provokes the beginning of contractions, which reduces the blood flow in the placenta. A healthy fetus should not react to these changes, but reduced the compensatory possibilities of manifesting a stress response.
In relation to the onset of labor are distinguished:
- the antenatal cardiotocography (ACTG);
- intrapartum (during childbirth).
Who is TPC?
The method of cardiotocography is held by prescription, starting from the 28th week of pregnancy. This was when the entry fails, the decoding does not have to. If you register the rule in the future during the inspection and listen to the heartbeat at the doctor's doubt arises, then one result is enough.
The study must be repeated if:
- on this record, probable signs of disease;
- previous pregnancy proceeded with complications (fetal anomalies, fetal death, dysfunctional genetic history in the family);
- impaired motor activity (there were long periods without active shocks or, on the contrary, increased mobility of the fetus);
- expectant mother suffered an acute viral or other infection and feeling poorly;
- the mother has untreated in time the centers of a chronic infection;
- carried out any treatment with the use of medicines;
- there is a suspicion of preeclampsia (impaired passage of maternal blood through the placenta, the probability of a delay of fetal development);
- the woman behaves incorrectly, despite the pregnancy (smokes, drinks alcoholic drinks), including a group of drug addictspatients;
- pregnancy occurs on the background of various diseases (hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver, heart diseases, obesity);
- time show the possibility of "post" (41 weeks or more);
- there is a suspicion about the delay of fetal development;
- the woman has a multiple pregnancy;
- the symptoms point to preeclampsia;
- appear bloody discharge from the uterus;
- symptoms of talks about a possible water scarcity or polyhydramnios.