Ventricular premature beats and its treatment
The ventricular extrasystole is an earlier contraction of the cardiac muscle caused by the presence in the ventricles of the hearth, with the ability to serve premature electrical impulses that cause abnormal heart rhythm. This syndrome in the international classification of diseases classified to code ICD-10-149.
Some patients are more prone to ventricular arrhythmia?
Ventricular extrasystoles are observed in older men, moreover, after 60 years of cardiac contraction to bother them often. In most cases, this rhythm disturbance of the heart accompanies a variety of diseases of the cardiovascular system and respiratory system. In this case, the number of extrasystoles per day may reach from 1000 to 5000.
What are the causes of heart rhythm disorders?
Ventricular extrasystoles are observed as a concomitant disruption of cardiac rhythm in cases when patients suffer:
- Diseases of the heart.
- High blood pressure.
- Diseases of the respiratory system.
- Disorders in the metabolism (in particular, the norm of calcium and magnesium in the blood).
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
In addition to these factors, provoke failures of rhythm and disorders of the heart:
- Frequent stressful situation and an individual's aptitude to nervous breakdowns.
- A tendency to alcoholism.
- Frequent coffee drinking and tobacco Smoking.
- The intake of narcotic substances (cocaine).
- Side effects from certain medication.
In some cases treatment is not required?
The rate of the number of ventricular extrasystoles up to 1000 a day is not considered a deviation requiring urgent medical intervention and medication. However, the patient should in this case to undergo periodic ECG with the aim of rhythm control and monitor the work of the heart.
- 0-VE not fixed.
- 1-rare PVCS with individual manifestations of no more than 30-60 min.
- 2 is Repeated every 30-60 min.
- 4B-Tachycardia (applies to 3 PVCS in a row) .
- 5-Early PVCS.
Along with the classification of arrhythmias on the Lawn, there is a table of gradation on ryan. The difference between the first and second very slight difference is the following:
- Category 4B correspond to polymorphic, paired PVCS symptoms.
- Gradation of 5 means the patient has ventricular tachycardia.
In some cases, treatment in children is not carried out
Treatment of PVCS in children of different specialists carry out different methods. The majority of cardiologists believes that to proceed with medical treatment of arrhythmias is necessary only after ascertaining the causes of ventricularthe arrythmia.
PVCs in cases where their rate per day is not exceeded, no special treatment is not required. The little patient should be examined at least once a year with the aim of timely detection of deviations in the heart. With the appearance of alarming symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately, since PVCS may indicate the appearance of another more dangerous illness. Thus, in infants PVCS are the result of hypoxia. The children in the form of artificial feeding, ventricular extrasystoles more common than in babies receiving breast milk.