Hemorrhagic stroke of the brain
The classification of hemorrhagic stroke according to ICD 10 is the localization of the hemorrhage. Depending on this, there are four types of the disease:
- intracerebral, hematoma when located in the parenchyma of the nervous tissue;
- subarachnoid, occurs when damage to the blood vessels of the arachnoid;
- ventricular, in which blood is found in one of the four ventricles of the brain or its water supply;
- mixed type say the combination of the first three.
If the doctor makes a choice in favor of the appointment of a medicament, it should be considered that there is a high risk of recurrent hemorrhagic stroke while maintaining the defect in the artery. Therefore, if the patient's condition, it is desirable to perform the operation.
As drugs in intracerebral hematoma prescribe:
- to somehow prevent disease or means (dicynone);
- osmotic diuretics to reduce cerebral edema (mannitol);
- antibiotics to prevent the development of infectious complications;
- antihypertensive therapy (ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers) should be used with caution in order to maintain perfusion pressure in the cerebral arteries;
- sedative, prescribed for the initiation of the patient.
If necessary, even in the prehospital doctors provide emergency care (produce tracheal intubation and artificial ventilation, connect patient to cardiac monitor and establish a temporary pacemaker).
Surgical treatment is quite effective, especially in those cases, the cause of hemorrhagic stroke. In the first stage, the neurosurgeon removes the maximum amount of hematoma. You can do it by open method or through the puncture under the control neuronavigational system (stereotactic removal).