Classification of angina may be based on different symptoms of this disease. Most noteworthy are the following forms of angina:
- If the symptoms appeared in the last month, we are talking about , which occurs mainly in the morning hours, not associated with physical activity and is accompanied by spasm of the coronary arteries.
Depending on what physical activity is required to ensure that the patient began to experience pain in the chest, there are the following functional classes of angina:
- Resistance to stress is good for the development of an attack of necessary intensive training.
- The attack comes after 500 meters of walking on flat terrain, which is equivalent to climb two flights of stairs.
- The attack comes after 100-200 meters of walking.
- Discomfort appears when minimum load, including alone.
The syndrome of angina, the leading symptom is pain, which occurs during physical or emotional stress and goes away after its termination or when taking nitroglycerin tablets. Usually it is localized behind the breastbone or in the left half of the chest, in the region of the heart. The nature of it can be crushing, burning, pressure. Often patients describe the sensation cramping pains, this disorder got its second name – angina pectoris. In more detail the characteristics of angina are described in this article.
Since pain attack is usually provoked by any external or internal factors, to establish the existence of oxygen deficiency with normal examination is difficult. Therefore, for the diagnosis of this disease used test with stress (physical or pharmacological):
- Stress ECHO – ultrasound of the heart performed before and after administration of the drug that stimulate the myocardium. While appreciate areas hypokinesia who cease to participate in the reduction due to developing ischemia.
- Check the ECG while the patient performs a dosed load on an exercise bike or a treadmill more. The film can detect signs of oxygen deficiency in the form of deviation of the ST segment of the contour.
- Coronary angiography (invasive study of vessels of the heart) allows to establish the presence of atherosclerotic plaques, or to identify the spasm of the coronary arteries.
- Holter monitoring is that the patient during the day is the unit for recording ECG leads and their way of life. The value of this method is that you can compare unpleasantthe feeling of a patient with the ECG data.
- Scintigraphy of the myocardium is performed by using radioactive isotopes. According to the results, you can assess the viability of heart cells and to distinguish this pathology from other diseases.